Monday, January 5, 2009

From Houston

I'm on my way back now from Louisiana and Texas, and soon I will write a longer reflection on my days in the area where I plan to begin the walk two months from now. Suffice it to say for the moment that the trip has reaffirmed my decision to walk for all the grandchildren, even if I have to do it alone. It also confirms my preference for walking with companions so let me know if you're thinking about it.

Today I want to share just a short quote from yesterday's Houston Chronicle, on the editorial page. A list of 5 SIGNS THE WORLD IS CHANGING quotes Peter Bishop, a professor of strategic foresight at the University of Houston: 

# 2  Danger to the planet is different
                  • Once we worried that nuclear war would destroy the planet. Now many believe we are killing the environment
                  • Some consider this period the Sixth Great Extinction. The fifth one wiped out the dinosaurs.

This, my friends, is what I'm talking about, and what I plan to walk about. I'm glad more and more people are waking up, but we have to act fast, and everyone needs to get on board. 




No comments: