Saturday, June 6, 2009

The motor home gets towed again

I blew the transmission of my TranStar motor home and on Thursday (6/4) had it towed from Lexington to Stuarts Draft, Virginia, for an overhaul. It wasn't an easy decision because I'm so ambivalent anyway about driving while I advocate for deep lifestyle changes such as not driving or at least opting for vehicles with excellent fuel efficiency. However I'm still unable to conceive of a way that I, being who I am with my particular limitations, could complete my pilgrimage without a vehicle to live in as I walk.

I plan to travel to Bethlehem for a second two-week recess, taking the train from Staunton, VA, to Philadelphia tomorrow. A bus will get me home late in the evening. I'm looking forward to time with Guy, and a visit from my Boston-area children and grandchildren next weekend. I hope to also see some of you who live in the Lehigh Valley. Give me a buzz or email me. I hope to catch up on correspondence and other chores. I will continue to post to the blog during this time.

Peace and good energy to all, Greta

No comments: